Harvest Table Supplements Chicken Bone Broth 450g
Type II collagen is the main component of cartilage in the body. Type II collagen is what gives cartilage its tensile strength and elasticity, thereby enabling it to support the joints. It helps in the binding process with the help of fibronectin and other collagens. Type II collagen is a major part of cartilage tissue. Cartilage is a firm but pliable connective tissue. There are different types of cartilage in the body, each with a specific function.
The cartilage found in joints has several functions, such as:
- connecting bones
- allowing tissue to bear mechanical stress
- shock absorption
- allowing connected bones to move without friction
Cartilage is found in numerous places in the body and, importantly, acts to cushion joint surfaces. It is particularly prone to wear-and-tear, has poor blood supply and heals slowly. In some cases, cartilage damage is considered irreversible due to the degradation of type II collagen. There are a growing number of people who are looking for natural ways to prolong the life of their cartilage, as well as improve their joint condition. Hydrolysed type II collagen is widely recognised as being a key ingredient in leading-edge supplements for joint health.
Because it is hydrolyzed it can be absorbed by the body
- It’s highly bioactive and bioavailable
- It can protect cartilages from degeneration from wear and tear
- Promotes cartilage lubrication
- Reduces inflammation in the synovial fluid
- Protection of bones at the joints.